“Candace! How can I get rid of this BELLY!?!!” I am asked this at least 10 times a week. My Suggestion!? Incorporate these tips into your daily lifestyle.(I am not a doctor but these work fantastic for me!)
1. Exercise REGULARY- daily moderate cardio can reduce belly fat up to 20%
2. Sleep- try to aim for 8 hours of good sleep everyday. When you don’t get proper sleep your body releases a hormone called Ghrelin. Ghrelin triggers cravings such as sugar and other fat builders.
3. Water- I already wrote a post on the importance of water. I personally aim to drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water a day. Water speeds up metabolism, flushes out toxins, helps you stay full, and many other benefits.
4. Do NOT skip meals- seriously, this drives me crazy when people tell me they “only eat once a day.” The best way to speed up your metabolism is to eat 6small meals a day.
5. Diet- Cut out the crap. Eat a clean diet. If you are struggling with a clean diet ask a nutitionist or your doctor for assistance. Everyone has specific dietary needs.
6. Stress- Chronic Stress can increase cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone that encourages your body to have increased abdominal fat. Higher prolonged levels of cortisol in the bloodstream can also lead to impaired cognitive performance, suppressed thyroid function, decreased bone density, lowered immunity, higher blood pressure…and much much more! Find ways to de-stress everyday. Love yourself♥️♥️♥️